BS 76000 provides a framework for organizations to value people, for the mutual benefit of both parties.
This principles-based management system standard is based on the premise that people are an organization’s biggest asset and should be treated as such – so the organization gets the most out of them and people get the most out of their working life.
Central principles are:
- The interests of staff and other stakeholders are integral to the best interests of an organization
- The organization is part of wider society and has a responsibility to operate in a fair and socially responsible manner
- Commitment to valuing people should come from the most senior leaders of an organization
- The people who work for an organization have rights over and above those in law or regulation, and these rights and legal protections are respected by the organization
- Each principle is of equal importance.